Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thoughts from a Coffee Shop

Today I sat at a coffee shop all day and did homework on my computer using my bible. I came across two things in the course of my work that interested me.

The first was Psalm 18:30. I was reading through this chapter and its an incredible chapter. It speaks of God rescuing David from powerful enemies and ends with praise for God. The 30th verse was my favorite. It covers so many grounds. "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." God is perfect and flawless. He's a shield for any who want it. All we have to do is take refuge behind it and we'll be fine. Because God is perfect the only way we can get hurt is if we choose to step outside his protection. For me I choose the shield.

The second thing was the mention in Genesis 6 of the Nephilim. This topic interests and I'd like to know what all of you think about it. So any ideas?

7 comments:

Dusterdw said...

I never know what to think about Nephilim...

I think your Psalms insights are good. It begs the questions, how do you discern God's will, how do you stay in it. I think staying in God's will requires a lot… its not just a passive thing. Living behind God’s shield is an ongoing lifestyle. God provides the shield for us to fight behind and under but the reason he provides the shield is because he is calling us to battle daily. Probibly some good images from 300 could help here (although only a few). :o)

Dusterdw said...

Love the blog makeover :p

Caro Bella said...

I am going to read it.... but first remember to visit my blog!!!

bentley said...

I...can't...read...your...blog...makes my eyes feel old

Marco Aurelio said...

really? hmmm...

bentley said...

That's better. But at least on my computer the comments link shows up as the same color as the background. I had to look at some other blogs to figure out where to click. But the color is better, flourescence just doesn't work for me.

Juanis Chanis said...

me encanta. eres un amor. nice insights. i have always been curious about the nephilim; there's this book by madeleine l'engle called many waters that's about the world before the flood and it has nephilim and seraphim in it and it's soooo interesting.