Monday, September 15, 2008

Read it. Not just about sports

Seven minutes left and the Lions had just completed the greatest comeback in their history. 21 down and they took the lead at 25-24. Then they proceeded to implode with three interceptions, eventually losing 48-25. Matt Millen should have been fired years ago. Admittedly it was completely the quarterback's fault but here's why Millen needs to be gone: I wasn't surprised. We've come to expect it. Since he took over the Lions have the worst record in the NFL. I mean seriously, why does he still have his job?

In other sports news (and for those of you who are considering skipping this please read it), a riot after a soccer match in Congo killed 13 people. Most of them were 11-16 and were trampled by the crowd. Here's the sad part: it was started because of accusations that a player used witchcraft to influence the match. 13 people lost their lives probably without knowing Jesus because of witchcraft. And most people in the U.S. will read that story and think haha how silly, cause witchcraft isn't real. Haha Harry Potter doesn't even care about soccer. Isn't it amazing how many people need Jesus? Not just in Congo but in the U.S. also. People who embrace evil and use it for their own and those that flat out deny the supernatural exist. Who needs the light more? The ones stuck in the dark or the ones with their eyes closed? I believe both. Which one is worth it though? I mean which one should we spend our time witnessing to? I think the one in the dark because he hasn't rejected Jesus, he just doesn't know he exists. What do you think?

1 comment:

loca said...

How sad. There is such a need for love in this world. We are so caught up in things that don't matter. We've been studying Ecclesiastes at church and about how things are meaningless and fleeting... and how we should fear God and live according to His will. And I guess it doesn't seem like a choice WHO I witness to, but that I wake up daily, surrendering my life...the things I want to do... and submit to God's will...and if I do that then God is going to use me for His glory and I don't necessarily have to worry about whether their eyes are closed or whether they just don't know Christ yet. I am currently learning about surrendering my agenda and submitting to God's will daily. But I look forward to reading what others write about this on your blogE!