Monday, September 22, 2008

Statements and an Answer

Things of note:

My fantasy football team is horrible.
I was bored all weekend.
I learned two new songs on my guitar yesterday.
I have a test today in piano.
I'm pretty sure I need better nutrition.
Exercise will begin as soon as I buy a lock for my bike.
I can't find Conquerors Legacy anywhere.

In other news:
Work is fun most of the time.
I'm hungry.
I started doing the Topical Memory System.
My current verse is 2 Corinthians 5:17

In answer to your question David: Yes. Mexico is more dangerous than it was a few years ago. Mostly because of the crackdown on the drug cartels creating violence which creates a need to crackdown on drug violence which creates a backlash of violence. Basically a cycle of violence that could be stopped by a lack of demand. No demand, no supply, no cartels, no violence. So all of the complaining by Americans about the drug violence in Mexico spilling over into the U.S. is ridiculous since its caused by their own dependence on illegal drugs. It doesn't matter how much we close the border or how much aid we send Mexico to help stop the cartels because as long as there is a demand in the U.S. the drugs will get in somehow. As to the other question David, when I'm there I feel tension sometimes but I'm not there all the time. What do you think Mom and Dad?

2 comments:

Mamita Betsy said...

People are anxious about all the killings, but so far I don't think there have been cases of people caught in cross-fire or anything. the cousin of a young woman in our church was killed Sat. night, so we prayed for the family yesterday. We don't know why he was killed yet. It is a bit unnerving seeing three or four pick-ups full of federales zoom past, or stationed at an intersection.

MaNnY said...

k onda mark!! ya se k no le entiendo nada a tu blog esta todo en ingles pero aka ya sabes k kuentas konmigo kompaa!!
ahi le llegas a mi bl;og!!
Dios te bendiga kompita nos wachamos ya se k aki estamos en la ig;lee!!
Jeje arre !! me fui!!