Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another poem

So I wrote this during my lunch at work. Obviously I don't have a wife or any planned and for that matter no kids, but it fit with the poem so there it is. Enjoy!


On My Knees


The future is certain,
Especially mine.
I know what will happen,
I see it in my mind.

My job and my wife
My kids, my whole life

Its all laid out
Where, when, how.
There is no doubt
It all begins now.

The choices and decisions,
placed before with precision.

Whats this? A twist!
Everything spinning,
I slam my fist.
How? When I was winning?

My carefully planned decisions
Destroyed with a precision

I'm sorry God for my pride
Everything I planned
I'm sorry I lied
On my knees you help me land

My job and my wife
My kids, my whole life
I lay them at your feet, my Christ

2 comments:

Mamita Betsy said...

Thanks for sharing your inner thoughts...
This doesn't really have anything to do with your poem but...the title made me think of that quote--Grandma Smith always used to say, "That's one man's opinion" as a nice way to say she didn't agree with something. You have a legacy in Grandma and Grandpa Smith--I hardly ever heard them say anything bad about anyone...it's something i need to reminded of! Only once I saw Grandpa get mad--the neighbor dog had barked all night and he said, "If I had a shotgun I'd shoot that dog!" Very out of character for him...

loca said...

I like your poem, Mark! You could lengthen it and add some beats to and then you'd have a song! Great job!