Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Miracle

One dark night on a hill
outside the city gates
I saw it all from my windowsill
The terrible act filled with hate.

They took the perfect man
Beat him for awhile
Till the distance between life and
death was thinner than a file.

I guess it wasn't hate but fear,
Fear for their status. And as
They nailed him up, I shed my tears
For the miracle was about was about to pass

Beyond where we could help
Behind the boulder in the cave
And as I witnessed it I felt
Helpless to help save.

A few days later I saw him
Impossible as it sounds.
He talked to me about my sin
About what he'd done in the ground.

Then I understood the act
Not hate or fear, but love
Not me saving him
But the olive branch and dove.

A pact of peace and everlasting life
From the one and only Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

loca said...

I like this one. :)