Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Prayer

Where do I turn when I hit a dead end and the road seems to collapse behind? There's nothing to go back to but the road seems to end. I look for You Lord. Be my strength. I need You to continue on. I have no one left to blame but myself. When I fail now its all on me. When I mess up its all on me. I'm sorry for my mistakes. For the lies, omissions, and half-truths. Lift me up Lord from the depths. You alone can help me now. I'm sorry for my immpurities and short-comings. Keep me from temptaion. Remove it from my sight, thoughts, and reach. Hold me to a higher standard and help me reach it. Never leave me King of kings, oh Lord of lords. How can I ever thank you for what you've done? I give You praise, because You are deserving of everything I am and everything I have. I give it all to You. I'm sorry Lord forgive me. Accept this offering of praise from this unworthy man. There are not words to describe Your amazing power, Your wonderous being, or Your unending love. You are astounding, unfailing, immense, and unchangeable. Your reach extends to the ends of the universe, and Your eyes penetrate my soul. I strive to be like You. I want a heart after Your heart. Make Your thoughts mine, and Your will my will. Lift me up Lord from the depths to which I have fallen, and give me strength to carry on.

7 comments:

J said...

dude maybe when you become a pastor your church will treat you like this ...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/LIFESTYLE04/703170416/1041

Steven said...

deep stuff mark. Cool to hear that you are diving deeper into God

sonrisa said...

Mark,
Isn't a great feeling to be free of guilt? I will be praying as you finish up this semester. Finish strong! You can do it!
We support you and love you and want the best for you.

Juanis Chanis said...

i like your prayer...

Caro Bella said...

VERY cool and inspiring...... reminds me of a song...

J said...

dude post again already...

Jake Sinko said...

Amen Brother...